As part of a world-renowned academic medical center, physicians and researchers at the Center for Advanced Digestive Care at NewYork-Presbyterian/Weill Cornell Medical Center are at the forefront of advances in digestive diseases. A collaborative practice allows us to take advantage of extraordinary strides in research, new technologies, and therapies that lead to more effective treatment options and better outcomes for adult patients.
Pediatric gastroenterologists are able to selectively apply the latest leading-edge technologies and therapies developed as a result of this research to enhance the care of our youngest patients.
For example :
- Research and innovation in inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) include studies focused on pediatric IBD.
- Pediatric gastroenterologists pioneered "jellybean" technology to make capsule endoscopy child-friendly.
- Our physicians have the latest technology to diagnose non-acid reflux disease in pediatric patients.
- Breakthrough research is making possible minimally invasive and non-invasive therapies and diagnostic tests for IBD.
- The CADC is a member center for Improve Care Now, a nationwide collaborative focused on advancing care for pediatric IBD patients.